AMERICAN ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONIST
A long career as a painter was sparked by her teachers Mark Rothko and Ad Reinhardt. She is the widow of Ab Ex Sculptor Philip Pavia and is a former Art Critic with Art News. She is a female painter who survived the gauntlet of ferocious debates at The 8th Street Club involving core members, including Barnett Newman, de Kooning, Pollock, Kline, Pavia, Rothko, and others. Her abstract paintings are striking color paths using negative space so powerfully that the student has become the master.
- Benton, William, The Brooklyn Rail, April 2014
- Bleefeld, Ann, Woman Around Town, March 2014
- Molarsky, Mona, Artnews, Review and illustration, May 2010, p. 114.
- McCarthy, Gerard, Art in America, Review and illustration, June 2000, p. 124.
- Westfall, Stephen, Art in America, Review and illustration, April 1987, p. 222-223.
- Brenson, Michael, The New York Times, Review, June 23, 1989.
- Glueck, Grace, The New York Times, Review, February 1, 1985.