AMERICAN REALIST AND SURREALIST PAINTER
Best known for her detailed still-life and surreal figurative paintings, Morrison’s figurative imagery is expertly lit to invoke a foreshadowing element to the composition. Developing her still-life palette from a more muted tone to the brilliant colors seen today, Morrison’s super real, larger-than-life paintings of food, for example, are good enough to taste! She is also a tenured Professor of drawing and painting at The University of Georgia and has been recently teaching in Italy a few months each year.
- “I’ll have What She’s Having”, Priya Krishna, T Magazine, New York Times with illustration, page 87, November 13, 2019
- “Margaret Morrison Baby Boomer Lunch Box Series,” Wallstreet International Art, February 2019
- “Five Questions with Margaret Morrison,” AGAVE Magazine + Press, August 2016.
- Angie Kordic, “Painting the Luster – Margaret Morrison in an Interview,” Wide Walls, August 2016.
- Smithsonian Magazine Online: Food and Think, Lisa Bramen, “Eye Candy at a Sweet Art Exhibition,” April 3, 2009.