URBAN, OUTSIDER ARTIST
The self- taught artist who constructs little men made of sticks, known as stikman, has an obscure fascination with urban decay, and public interaction. His goal may be to show that everything is ephemeral and nothing stays the same. Believing that art should speak for itself, he has maintained an anonymity and allure with a cult-like following since living in the Germantown section of Philadelphia during college in 1970.
- “Post No Bills: Stikman,” Paradigm Magazine, April 17, 2013
- Simone Smith, “Stikman – a Look at Mysterious Stickman Street Art in Crosswalks,” Hubpages, February 1, 2013
- Lois Stovky, “Speaking with Legendary Stikman,” Street Art NYC, November 28, 2012
- RJ Rushmore, “20 Year of Stikman,” Vandlog, March 10, 2012
- Stephen Lowman, “On the Trail of the Mysterious Stikman,” The Washington Post, Sunday, September 21, 2008