Breen paints harmonious contemporary abstractions with hints of organic elements in various states of flux. Early works had a monochromatic, mystical quality. Breen’s more mature work adds bright color and some representational imagery to her ethereal palette.
- Inside Out, Arts & Antiques, March 2021, p 28
- D. Dominick Lombardi, Susan Breen: The Elemental Substance of Nature, HuffingtonPost.com, July 15, 2015.
- Phyllis A.S. Boros, Artists Suddenly Empty-Nesters, Connecticut Post, December 14, 2008, feature illustration.
- Alex Taylor, Susan Breen, ARTnews, November 2008, p. 164-165, illustration.
- Morgan Falconer, Susan Breen, ARTnews, March 2008, p. 142, illustration.
- Phyllis A.S. Boros, Many sides of Bridgeport are reflected in new show, Connecticut Post Online, February 1, 2007.